There are a vast amount of reasons why a house or business would have rodent dropping around, some from food, hoarding, storage or whatever, but this should never be taken lightly. Depending on the amount of dropping one could have an infestation of these animals, that needs to be taken care of before the cleanup begins.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF RODENTS
There are many times of rodents that can leave droppings all around the areas of the home or business depending on the location of the home or office. This are not just the residential mice that we all think about during the winter time that may leave droppings on counter-tops, tables, floors and more. There are more such as but not limited to:
Before any type of clean up is done the owners needs to call if they find there are large amounts of and type of rodent dropping that the animals have been removed and there is not a nest or infestation in the areas or locations.
DISEASES THAT DROPPINGS CAN CAUSE
Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome
PROPER CLEANING OF RODENT DROPPINGS
1. In a spray bottle, combine one part bleach and nine parts water, or use a general purpose home disinfectant.
2. Apply the solution or disinfectant to the dried urine, feces, and nesting material while wearing rubber or plastic gloves.
3. Soak the wet goods for 5 minutes.
4. After five minutes, clean away any urine, droppings, or nesting material with a moist paper towel.
5. Place the paper towel and garbage in a plastic bag.
6. Mop or sponge the area where the rodent evidence was found with the same solution or disinfectant.
7. When you’re finished, place the sponge or mop head in the bag with the rodent evidence.